Staff and patients at Bamboo Dental in Cardiff celebrate Smile in Pink day
Staff and patients at Bamboo Dental in Cardiff joined over 300 practices across the UK by sporting their pink t-shirts for Smile in Pink day to help raise money for Bridge2Aid.
The event took place last Friday (June 6) raising £400. Bamboo team members put up a Bridge2Aid collection box, balloons, and treated the children to free stickers and oral education leaflets.
Bamboo’s Principle Dental Surgeon, Dan Rogers said: “It’s always great to take part in charity events and smiley pink days are always enjoyable for both the staff and patients. Who would have thought that pink would be my colour!
“What a fantastic day we have had! Our thanks go to everyone who took part in the day we’ve loved seeing your pink clothes, all the while raising vital funds and awareness of our dental training programmes in East Africa. It was also good to see our patients impressed with our efforts and in good spirits.”
Bridge2Aid is a dental charity based in Mwanza, Tanzania who trains rural-based Health Workers in developing countries, providing them with the skills, equipment and resources that they will need to provide emergency dental care in a world where a shocking 75% of the population currently do not have access to a dentist.
Have you ever wondered where your donations go?
- 75% of the world’s population has no access to a Dentist
- Since 2005, the charity has trained 310 Health Workers in emergency dental care
- 3,100000 people living in East Africa’s rural communities have been provided with access to Emergency Dental Care because of Bridge2Aid’s proven dental training programmes
- 25,916 people in East Africa have been treated and relieved of their dental pain for free during our dental training programmes
- 604 dental volunteers have taken part in a Dental Volunteer Programme